Friday, November 16, 2007

As Thanksgiving approaches...

Believe it or not, we're hosting Thanksgiving dinner at our house this year! Sure, I've never cooked a turkey before, but how hard can it be? Don't worry - my parents will be in attendance, which means I can't go too far down the wrong path when it comes to the turkey. Much to Matt's chagrin we will not be trying a turducken.

As we get closer to Thanksgiving, I 've been trying to figure out how to explain the significance of the holiday to Erin. There are great, creative ideas I've seen like a Thanksgiving tree and placemats but I think these might be a bit over the head of a 2.5 year old. Instead, I think we're going to focus on giving thanks for something each night. We may get thanks for things like her Brown Bear book or her big girl bed, but that's okay. I'll be right next to her - giving thanks for my beautiful family. I feel like I have the best husband and the three most wonderful little girls possible.

My list of things to be thankful for is longer than ever before.... What's on your list?

No comments: