Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Random Updates

School: Today was the official start of the new school year/daycare year for the girls. All three girls did very well, even as Mom teared up upon hearing how Erin beamed upon entering the Ladybugs classroom. Sarah and Sloane are now in the Honeybees Part II room and were thrilled to see their beloved R. (teacher) this morning after a 4 day weekend.

Home: Speaking of the 4-Day weekend. Can someone please explain to me how a family can have 4 days off of school and work and manage to get virtually nothing accomplished around the house? I can't complain that it wasn't fun - we had time at the park, time with good friends, time walking around and back to school shopping. Yet, we still haven't managed to grocery shop for the week or get all of the laundry put away.

Work: For anyone still wondering -I actually like my job now! I'm learning a tremendous amount and I've been blessed with great project teams that make me laugh as much as they make me pull my hair out - what more can any project manager ask for?

Random: Many moons ago, I asked for suggestions for blog links. I'm going to start putting them up as soon as I get a little bit of a breather at work. I'm going to add some of my favorites - Here Be Hippogriffs (pregnant with twins after infertility), Nine Texans (my IRL friend) and many more... have patience! I'm also planning on putting up a few book reviews in the next week or two as well (when I have time to read...hahaha)

1 comment:

MentalMom said...

We didn't get Blackie, he got us.
He showed up about the same time as Murphy, possibly dumped by the same person.
He just hung around for a few months then we finally had him neutered and got him his rabies. Now he pretty much sleeps in the garage and under the van. He occasionally hangs out at the neighbors with his 'harem'.
I'll post a pic of him on the blog eventually. He's a honkin' BIG ole black tomcat. He's got to weigh at least 18 lbs and he's ALL muscle.