Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mommy - I'm strong!!

As I've previously mentioned, we've been having some bedtime issues of late with Sarah and Sloane. We've tried every approach to keep the girls in bed and have finally reached the point of kissing their heads, shutting their door and listening on the monitor to make sure they don't harm themselves or each other.

Last night, about 20 minutes after we put them in bed and hearing non stop chatter we heard a tremendous crash. Matt had Cole in his arms so I went flying up the stairs at record speed. Sloane and Sarah were standing in their door with huge grins pointing to the gate they had managed to dislodge from their doorway. Sarah pointed to it and said "Mama, it's down" and giggled. Sloane beamed and informed me "Mommy, I'm strong". I had two options - I choose to laugh and put the gate back up. And yes, we are now officially out of options with how to keep these kids in their beds. Interestingly enough, when the knocked down the gate they never left their room, so there is hope!

Some pictures just for fun:




1 comment:

MentalMom said...

Do you remember how we kept Katie in her room at that age?
It bordered on cruel and wouldn't work with many kids/most kids but it worked for her, for a while at least :D